Sunday, September 23, 2007

Study Shows More Americans Using Feng Shui.....

Boston, MA-Harvard researchers today announced that nearly a third of American adults make use of Feng Shui, the ancient Chinese practice of placement and arrangement of space to achieve harmony with the environment.

"I am blown away by these findings," psychologist and Feng Shui skeptic Sara Lazar revealed in response to the study. "Who would have thought that in a society that is so dependent on science and technology this many people would turn to a so-called metaphysical art with no evidence to support the claimed positive effect on health, wealth and personal relationships. I have to say I'm concerned that bias may have come into play in the interpretation of the data."

When told of the skeptical response to his study, lead researcher Michael Clouse explained "I first became convinced of the power of Feng Shui thirty years ago and its use has improved my life again and again. Just yesterday I replaced the pile of human skulls in my bedroom with a lovely fountain. What size hat do you wear by the way?"

3 comments:

ThePreemie Experiment said...

Poor Sara. She clearly needs to add a water element in the right corner of her office.

Zoo Knudsen said...

I'll pass along the advice. I am a firm believer in Feng Shui myself although most people are lazy about it in that they just focus on their house or office. Forgetting to Feng Shui one's car is a big mistake. I also choose outfits based on the scientific principles of Feng Shui and every month I receive a Feng Shui haircut. I haven't found a surgeon yet who is willing to realize the benefits of Feng Shui on personal health and success, but when I do I plan on having my internal organs rearranged.

Chrysalis said...

"Forgetting to Feng Shui one's car is a big mistake." You and Rob crack me up.

I finally read all of Spooner's Travels and now I see all of this I've been late in getting to. If I didn't have to drag myself out of the house tonight (in the rain no less) for a meeting, I'd rather curl up right here and read. (sigh) Duty calls.